South Dakota Budget Vacations
When the budget is tight, you might be tempted to skip the summer vacation. But a South Dakota vacation doesn’t have to break your budget, if you do it right. South Dakota has an abundance of free and low-cost attractions, and with a few tips, you’ll be able to enjoy the natural beauty of the Mount Rushmore State, while saving money!
Here are some of my favorite tips for saving money on your trip to South Dakota:
1. Go camping – RVing across the state of South Dakota is a great way to take advantage of inexpensive camp sites, with some small towns even offering free camping. Camping in South Dakota also lets you see sites you might miss otherwise!
2. Rent a cabin - If you don’t have an RV, consider renting a cabin. Many of South Dakota’s state parks offer camping cabins, which can be more cost effective than hotel rooms, and put you right in the middle of the action.
3. Pack a picnic lunch - Stopping by a grocery store for sandwich fixings for the family can be much more reasonable than eating at a restaurant, and it often means you can eat what you choose and on your own schedule.
4. Choose restaurants where kids eat free – Many family restaurants offer special deals where kids can eat free with paying adults.
5. Stop by South Dakota’s visitor centers – Many visitors centers offer free maps, information, and coupons for local attractions, all of which save you money.
6. Check out all of the free attractions South Dakota has to offer – There are plenty of things to do in South Dakota that don’t cost any money! Here’s a list of just a few of the options.
If money is tight, don’t give up on your South Dakota vacation. Plan smart, use these tips, and you’ll be enjoying the natural beauty of South Dakota without busting your budget.