State park fee changes to take effect
From the Department of Game, Fish and Parks:
The following fee changes were approved by the Game, Fish and Parks Commission earlier this fall and will go into effect on Dec. 1.
- Lodge fees will increase by $25 per night.
Rates as of Dec. 1:
- Mina Lake – $160 per night
- Shadehill – $160 per night
- Oahe Downstream -$150 per night
- Lake Thompson – $225 per night
- Newton Hills – $225 per night
- Palisades – $225 per night
Lodges operated by private concessionaires (located at Angostura, Custer State Park, Roy Lake, and Lewis and Clark) are not affected.
Lodge reservations are currently being taken for all arrivals in 2011.
- Campsite and camping cabin fees will increase by $2 per night.
- Picnic shelter reservation fees will increase to $20 per day. Use of picnic shelters is free, but a reservation guarantees availability for group gatherings.
- Custer State Park has eliminated its per person fee. Vehicles entering the park will need a $15 per vehicle pass or a $10 per motorcycle pass.
- Annual park entrance licenses and daily fees at parks other than Custer will not change.
Revenue generated will be used for park operations in light of an anticipated reduction in state general fund support, higher utility costs and a multi-year effort to combat an infestion of mountain pine beetles in Custer State Park.